Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I am not smarter than Cheerios.

Yesterday I put the monkeys on their play mat and gave each of them a small bowl with some cheerios. I thought it would keep them out of trouble and give me a few minutes to get dressed. I walked out of the room and came back to find the cereal all over the floor.

Ok, no problem. I picked them up and put them back in the bowls. Being the bad, not afraid of a few germs mommy that I am, I gave the bowls back to the girls. I turn away for a second and both girls start shaking the bowls like rattles and the cereal goes all over the floor again.

Ugh! Once again I picked the cereal up.

This is where I should have shown that I was smarter than the Cheerios and not given the bowls back to the monkeys. Nope, I was tired and apparently my neurons were a bit slow waking up. I handed Caitlin her bowl, she looked at me with a smile and promptly flung the bowl back to the floor.

Obviously, it was time for me to throw in the towel and go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment