Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hi Grandma Pauline!

Why did I start this blog? My grandmother, who is 86, joined the internet world a couple of months ago. I thought I would try to send her regular emails with updates on the monkeys and pictures of them. I thought it would give her something to look forward to and, more importantly, a reason to actually get on the computer and check for new email. Then I gave myself a reality check. There is a list of friends and family that I have not really sent email updates to since the girls were born. As much as I love my grandma, the odds of me suddenly changing and finding lots of time for sending email just are not there. I was also trying to journal events for the girls in their journals, but I wasn't doing a great job of getting it done regularly. So I decided that a blog was the answer. Now my grandma and all of those other people who I so rarely send messages to can all check up on us any time they want. It is working so well. I know people are checking the blog expecting to see something new and I am finding that I feel really guilty if I don't make a post every few days. It is amazing what a difference a little public accountability makes!


Anyway, I just wanted to point out how incredible it is that my grandma has joined the internet world. Way to go grandma! I know it is hard at her age and I am so proud of her for not letting fear of the unknown stop her. Just to make this post a little extra special for her, I am including a picture of her holding the girls at Thanksgiving. I hope you are enjoying the updates and the pictures of the monkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment