Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Uh oh!

We spent a long weekend in Estes Park with some friends. It was a great weekend! We always enjoy getting away, even if it is just for a few days. Here are a few pictures of the monkeys enjoying their trip.


Our highlights for the trip are all courtesy of Caitlin. Our little spider monkey said her first word! Jeff and I were naturally hoping it would be momma or dada. No such luck. On Sunday the monkeys were in their pack-n-play babbling away in an effort to stay awake. At one point Jeff went over to give them their pacis and Caitlin said "uh oh." I thought I was just imagining it and laughed and asked Jeff if that was what she said. Sure enough, he heard it too. Out of all of the words she hears everyday, I'm not sure why she chose that one for her first word. I say it quite often when they drop their toys, but they hear momma and dada many more times a day. I guess it puts an end to our momma or dada competition :)

Our other two big events were more anxiety meltdowns for Caitlin. She did fairly well on the way to Estes Park. Up until about 15 miles out of town that is. Then it was a full on meltdown. I think Jeff thought I might have exaggerated how bad they are until he got to see/hear it first hand. Hearing her gagging in the car seat is a scary thing, especially when you can't see her or get to her. By the time we got to the cabin we were both really stressed. It was the same thing on the way home, except this time it started fairly early in the trip. I had to ride most of the way home wedged in between the car seats to keep her calm. We aren't sure how we are going to deal with this problem. I really hope it is a temporary anxiety that passes quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment